Improving water and energy efficiency to their homes are goals of many California homeowners to both reduce utility bills and help the environment. Solar panels and energy efficient furnace are the examples of the types of conservation improvements many homeowner make. Cost of such improvement can be significant. California has instituted various financial programs to assist homeowners in making changes and additions to their homes. Private companies also offer reasonable leasing options to allow homeowners to install solar panels with little or no upfront costs. Following five questions, homeowner who are interested in a solar leases ask the solar company before resale.
- Does the solar company have a dedicated team to facilitate the transfer of the lease to the buyer
- How long does it take typically for the lease transfer to occur?
- Can a lease be transferred easily within the time frame of escrow
- what are the credit and other requirements required for a buyer to assume the solar lease?
- Does company offer alternative to the buyer with weak credit such a paying a cash deposit